Thursday 22 August 2013

Why I'm Running?

   
My running buddies in Lucban


     Running is the most famous sports activities that you can see now a days, from local to international events just to name a few is the Boston Marathon that started in 1897.

     Running to health buffs is a good exercise and gives a lot of benefits, losing weight, staying in shape and improving body composition. But, why do I run? Aside from physical advantage,  my perspective change in my 1 year of running.  It helps me to meditate and widen my horizon to be creative in pursuing my dreams.

     I normally takes 10 km spin when I’m training and it takes for me about an hour and 7 minutes, which is my fastest, to reach the end of the run.  I think, 10 km will be my farthest, no more no less because of my tarsal tunnel syndrome.  In the course of 1 hour, so many ideas playing in my mind, I would say that little did I know that I was already meditating.  Some would resort to yoga or using the prayer beads in order to keep track. I found this activity as my formal way to analyze and balance my mind to weigh my anger or hatred and happiness.  Furthermore, it also ease many health issues such as hypertension, as I dreadful to have it because it runs in our family; depression and anxiety from work and personal life. 

     As I traverse the road, many dreams had been formed and still up in the wall when will it be realize.  When I watched the talk of May El-Khalil (http://youtu.be/u1K6hnm09xs) about making peace in Marathon, she dreamt big on how she can unite the Lebanese to run with one purpose and without carrying any political color.  It all came true and even invited runners from different nation with one hope that in one gunshot, peace and unity to Lebanon will ensue. A gunshot distinct from the sounds that Lebanese heard from the civil war. I was literally diffident after her speech because when I compared my dreams to her dreams, it made me realize that everything is possible if I have the fundamentals of hard work, dedication and perseverance. 

     Why I’m running? It gives me a wide room to reflect and even dream more.  To some, whose purpose is for physical gain, maybe you should try what I’m doing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment