Saturday 3 August 2013

In my opinion...

     When I was a small kid, there is only one surname I know has the capability to lead my country, the most influential and authoritative family of politicians.  This assumption change when my country undergone a bloodless revolution to fight the dictatorship.  It was an eye opener to many Filipinos blinded by their suppositions that my country will rise above as a mighty nation.

    Every time that the Congress and Senate will open their joint session, SONA (State of the Nation Address) of the President is the much awaited part to hear the accomplishments, selling points to be accommodate by foreign investors and plans to uplift the lives of the marginalized sectors. I was immersed when the first time I watched it in 2012 maybe because I was thirsty and many Filipinos to the change.  Change that stemmed from poverty and corruption.

    There was an apparent difference between modest life and poverty in our country.  A family from a poverty level, eating a four square meals in a day is enough to live and still wondering what’s next the following day.  It’s good to know that the government has serious and profound blueprint on how will lift the lives of the Filipinos from the impecunious lives that started in the 70’s.  A promising life, but it turned out a nightmare to many who believes in democracy and equality.  Programs, such as Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program is an assistance channelled to deserving families.  A program that teaches how they will stand on their own and use the money wisely by sending their children to school and start a small business that would slowly wean from the assistance.  There are so many programs are indisposed that was mentioned and some are rolling out since his inception from his position.  If we are united to achieve on what he has started, it is possible that no Filipinos will be hungry and indigent in years to come.

     My full awareness started when I became a public servant.  I was hesitant to go back to my roots but my admiration to my parents as a civil servant, I was enticed to start my life all over again and work in the nearby town as an obedient employee to the crooked processes.  I think all of us learned to be blind in many vague transactions and porous contracts, as many politicians says that their constituents is what matters most but little did we know that the projects are not deemed to the needs of the people.  Sad to say, funds are redirected to their own pockets.  How long this system will continue?  President Pnoy should be and still true to his word that the days of these wicked officials are numbered and start to take the “tuwid na daan”.
 
     In my opinion, change should start in the heart of every Filipinos.  It doesn't question your status if you are rich or poor to share your abilities to be a powerful country.  What are these talents? Prying eyes to corruptions, loud voice to denounce irregularities and a vigilant citizen to an erring officials.

     In my opinion, President Pnoy should include that morality will be mention in his next SONA.  Maybe, to instruct our schools to give a high emphasis on this subject.  “Tuwid na daan” is about morality. To remind the subject and object of this problem may touch their dormant good heart due to sneering power.


     Nothing is impossible to a united and patriotic Filipinos.   
Future Manila Bay Skyline (Photo credits to www.juanprogress.com)

2 comments:

  1. tama ka classmate. i guess individually dapat mag start. unang-una, discipline. small tasks becomes a big help for us, for the town, for the country. we always notice how some countries na maunlad, malinis, masunurin ang mga tao. kasi nga me discipline, kasi sumusunod sa batas. corruption is always the problem too. mula maliit pa tayo until eto me mga own families na. yun at yun pa rin nagiging problems. so i guess, teachers as well, habang maliliit pa mga bata o students should teach morality well, para naman iba ang outlook ng mga kids when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baka kase Teena yung mga Politicians natin nalilimutan na ang tama at mali. Wala na sa kanila ang morality kapag nasa harap na nila ang pera. pera na galng sa taong bayan

    ReplyDelete