Sunday 9 October 2011

My Fried Fish Soup

     When I heard the news about one stall, where I usually order my lunch, in our food court in CGH that one of my colleague found a non edible ingredients so I shifted for awhile to try the soup stall and I fell in love with their fried fish soup and Ban Mian but most of the time I feast on their fried fish soup.

     The soup is soothing especially to your starving stomach and dried throat after a long six hours non-stop talking to the patients.  It's a savory soup of battered fried fish in a broth with milk, vegetable, sliced tomato and bean curd ideal for soup, dried sea weeds with fried shallots and ikan bilis(dried anchovies) on top.  You can choose rice or noodles to go with your soup.

     It is available in many hawker stalls and I tried this in Junction 8 and Funan Food Court, although it was cooked in a different style by different stalls but still it offer a good and healthy benefits to your body.

     I tried to cooked my own version last Sunday(9th October) for our lunch according on how I tasted it.  I sauteed garlic, onion and ginger until it turns brown, 500ml of Heinz chicken broth was added and allowed it to simmer for five minutes. Then I add fried fish(not battered), by the way I used greasy grouper unlike the fish which I know is dalag( in Tagalog) which the stalls normally used, vegetable and milk then simmer again for 2-3 minutes.  Serve it hot with sprinkle of fried shallots.





     I had my lunch without my sister, so I don't know her verdict, but sometimes it's nice to experiment and cook the food you crave for and cook the way you want and tasted it.

     To my lunch buddies: Mare, Melanie, Kaye, Niezha, Gieselle, Mike and Merick: Eat here? With milk , rice or noodles?



No comments:

Post a Comment